Speaker: Michael Perillo (Charles Schwab)
Jeff Strauss(Conversant Media)
Click here for recording, slide and other details.
Date: Friday, October 7
Time: 9:30 – 11:00 a.m. PDT
- Topics: Tableau v10 new server features
- Cross Database Joins
- Web Editing
- Site SAML
- Revision History
Speaker: Meredith Dicks, Mike Roberts and Mark Wu
Click here for recording, slide and other details.
Summary: We reached record high with 265 attendees. I have received some really nice feedback about today’s sessions: “Thank you for the presentation today. I have only recently become an Administrator at my company; your presentation answered a lot of questions I have been pondering for a few day”
- Tableau Data Server Architecture – Meredith Dicks
What is data server? What is Tableau’s intent for Tableau data server? What business problems that Tableau’s Data Server tries to solve? How and why? What are the use cases? What is new in Tableau V10 for data server?
- Data server automation – Mike Roberts
Data server use cases and automation’s. How to update custom sql, server and connection info automatically for multiple workbooks? What are the effective approaches to manage data server?
- Data governance – Mark Wu
How to use data server for data governance? How to create data dictionary by using data server? How to achieve single source of truth by using data
#6 How Netflix scaling Tableau – July 14th 2016
Albert Wong has stepped up and co-own this Silicon Valley Enterprise Tableau User Group. Albert hosted an awesome user group meet-up with more than 150+ people in room and 20 people on-line. This was first time we did the live streaming which worked very well. Online users asked a lot of great questions too at the end of presentation. The event summary with recording is @ https://community.tableau.com/docs/DOC-9362
#5 Tableau Server Architecture, Configuration Demo and Governance Process
We had another great sessions with more than 120+ joined this live webinar on Apr 28th 10AM-11:30AM PST by Santosh Adari and Mark Wu
- HA clusters, hardware configurations, SSO, load balancer
- Monitoring (TabMon, customized admin views)
- Alerts (performance alerts, extracts failure alerts)
- How to distribute admin work (sites, site admin)
- Release or publishing process
- Workbook performance management process
- Data governance process
Recording and slides are @ https://community.tableau.com/thread/205776
#4 Webinar – Tableau Server Upgrade
When: Mar 24, 2016 10:00 AM (GMT-8:00) Pacific Time
We had great webinar on March 24th about Tableau server upgrade (presented by Mark Wu) and Tableau predictive (presented by Dan Murray) with more than 100 attendances.
Some additional information for the webinar:
- If you missed the webinar, recording is here
- Questions and answers are here
- Tableau server upgrade slide used during webinar is here
- The Web Data Connector URL used during demo is provided by Tableau Junkie. URL is http://ec2-52-10-150-250.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com/twittersearch/twitterwebconnect.html
- Tableau Release Date workbook used during webinar is @ https://public.tableau.com/views/TableauReleaseDates/TableauReleaseDates?:embed=y&:display_count=yes&:showTabs=y
- Dan Murray’s workbook & presentation are @ TYD2 Tour Journal: Multiple Talks in the Bay Area | Tableau Your Data!
#3 Webinar – Workbook Performance
We had an awesome Workbook Performance Webinar today with about 200 audiences via Zoom. Speaker Mike Roberts shared great insights on
- Workbook MetaData : What’s actually in the workbook (filters, row shelf, column shelf, etc)? Where do we get all the metadata WITHOUT using tabcmd/rest api? PostgreSQL / psql
- Desktop vs Server: Something that performs well on desktop *should* perform equally well on Server. But sometimes that’s not true, how to troubleshoot it?
- Alerts: How to create performance alerts to your workbook as people often don’t know if their workbook perf gets slow.
The presentation is @ https://docs.com/DataRoberts/3584/tableau-workbook-internals
The code used is @ https://github.com/ps-data/ps-analytics-public
#2 Webinar – 9.2 upgrade & new feature demo 2/5/16
About 30 people joined the webinar. Audience survey feedback is 4.4 (1-5 scale & 5 being the awesome). The audience voted favorite new features are Smart Data Prep (9.2 is able to detect spreadsheet sub-tables automatically) and Web Data Connector.
Summary and slides @ https://community.tableau.com/docs/DOC-8772
Agenda: Tableau 9.2 upgrade experience and new feature demo
- Why upgrade to 9.2? – Mark Wu, NetApp
- NetApp’s server 9.2 upgrade experience – Santosh Adari, NetApp
- Tableau 9.2 new feature demo (Smart Data Prep, Enterprise Permission, Web Editing, Total Controls, etc) – Mark Wu, NetApp
- Vote your favorite 9.2 features – All
#1 Meet-up – 12/15/15
60+ people from 20+ Silicon Valley companies
Feedback “very informative”, “very inspiring”, “great win”, “like”, “look for next meet-up”, ….
Attendances include people from large enterprise organizations like Facebook, Cisco, VMware, NetApp, Tesla, Stanford, Brocade, Fairchild Semiconductor, PureStorage, FREMONT BANK, Intuitive Surgical, Jazz Pharmaceuticals, etc. Mark Wu presented how NetApp Took Self-Service Analytics Further and Faster, that led to some great discussions around Tableau site strategy, performance, release & publishing, data governance etc. NetApp’s Tableau self-service analytics platform added 3,600 users within 11 months, which inspired a lot of people.
• You can find meet-up summary @ https://community.tableau.com/docs/DOC-8509
• NetApp’s presentation is @ https://community.tableau.com/docs/DOC-8508